Car starts then stalls, finally starts

My '95 LeBaron with a 3.0L engine just started doing this.

The car runs fine otherwise, but last night, I started it and it ran for a second or mayhbe 2, and stopped. I tried again, some result. It always ran a second, or maybe 2, but it took me about 8 tries to start it, and then it ran fine. Home was only 2 miles away.

This morning, started fine, I drove 4 miles, left it alone for a half hour and had the same problem. After ot foma;;u started, it ran fine the rest of the day, during which I had to stop and start it 4 more times.

In both cases the car was turned off for about a half hour, and in one or both casec I pushed the accelerator pedal down part way so it would run faster when it first started up.

The weather was beautiful, 60 and clear, in Baltimore. About 100,000 miles on the car.

I have never had a problem like this before. Any help is appreciated.

I'm supposed to leave in 3 weeks for a trip to Dallas and back, so I'm more concerned than I normally would be.

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

Most likely cause is a dirty throttle body and/or failing ISC motor. Try cleaning the throttle body first.

Reply to
Mike

Have the throttle body cleaned

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech