Re: 1998 Honda Accord problem starting but eventually starts

Car started this morning right away! It was the first morning attempting to start after driving all day yesterday post gas treatment additive. Also, last two mornings the weather was rainy and damp, this morning was cold but dry. Any thoughts or comments would be welcomed. Since this only happens intermittently, I fear a mechanic won't be able to find the problem. I don't want the car to strand me when I need it most...murphy's law...

Reply to
phb3

If it repeats in damp weather, consider replacing the ignition wires and/or distributor cap. (How many miles and years are on these, anyway? If they're old enough, it might pay to just replace them today. Use only OEM for these parts. If possible, at least check the resistance of the ignition wires. Look for readings below about 15k ohms.)

"phb3" wrote

to start after driving all day yesterday post gas treatment additive. Also, last two mornings the weather was rainy and damp, this morning was cold but dry. Any thoughts or comments would be welcomed. Since this only happens intermittently, I fear a mechanic won't be able to find the problem. I don't want the car to strand me when I need it most...murphy's law...

Reply to
Elle