Recommendation on used 90-92 Subaru?

I am looking for a cheap commuting car and wondered if anyone had any recommendations or advice for these model years - I am seeing quite a few listings locally for Subarus of this vntage around the 2000-2500 mark. Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

About a month ago I bought a '92 Legacy L wagon for $1,100. 205k miles, body had some rust, and a dented door. Was well taken care of mechanically, still getting 30mpg highway, no rattles, and I just passed 208k miles.

Check the car thoroughly, or have a mechanic look it over, and check the blue book values online.

These cars usually have plenty of life left.

John Wilke Milwaukee

Reply to
J999w

I've got 248,000 on mine and we plan to keep it another year or two.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Heckman