85 gl wagon

is it worth it to buy a rebuilt engine? should i just get a newer subaru? if it is worth it, where should i look to find a good deal on the rebuild?

Reply to
Steve Bishop

The first two questions are entirely up to you. However, although I've never bought an engine, I've heard good things about

Personally, I'd look at the vehicle as a whole. What is the overall condition? If it is in really nice shape, it might be worth it to me at least. On the other hand, it's 20 years old, and you could go up to a '95 Subaru for a few thousand dollars. And if you're willing and able to spend even more, the '05 models look awesome. ;)

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

well, it wasn't worth it to put the engine in. i couldn't find a new one, so i bought a 91 grand voyager with 107k miles fully loaded. i figure it'll get me cruising on the road until i can find another subaru i love again.

Reply to
porter

Which body style is that? The original or the facelifted voyager? Minivans aren't my thing, but our family had an '86 and a '95. The older one was a wonderful vehicle, that AFAIK was *never* in for repairs, despite clocking well over 150k before it was sold. On the other hand, the '95 was a giant piece of shit, to put it bluntly. Thankfully we found a dealership that let us unload it for a fair price, and I'm betting that it wound up at the next Monster Truck show.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker

Reply to