'93 Impreza what to look for ?

First time in the group. I'd like to get somesort idea of what can go wrong . I've owned a '90 wagon before so I've got some knowledge of subaru's . But they changed motors from 1.8 & I think that this is the change. So I'm interested in buying this car , could you give me some help . Good car or bad history ?? Thanks for your time...

Reply to
odyssey

Mine has been a great car. 175k and counting . It uses a single timing belt on it's 1.8 The usual front seal leaks, axles, and thats it. It does have a strange habit. In the morning it will go about two miles and lose all acceleration( like a clogged fuel filter).After stopping it runs great the next 60 miles to work and runs great on the way home 9 hours later.

Reply to
here