97 Legacy L Auto AWD

What's the difference from '95? I have a BHG, and found a '95 with rotted unibody.

My '97 is a 2.2 Auto, the '95 is a 2.2 5-speed. A lot of looking for engines seems to reveal the '97 as having a very narrow range of matching engines and transmissions.

What would be the difficulty in the swap?

Reply to
Hachiroku

My first thought is whether the '95 is OBDII.

Are you also trying to get the transmission swapped in?

maybe I don't understand exactly what you're trying to do.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Yeah, I want to pull the '97 motor and tranny and swap in the '95 motor and 5-speed (97 is Auto).

When I look up replcement motors there is a cut-off at '97, and then again at '98 or '99. It seems this engine is particular to this year and '98.

Reply to
Hachiroku

In addition to anyone commenting here, you should consider asking over at

. I know there has been a lot of folks there with 'swap' experience in the past.

good luck!

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Both engines should be OBD-II. Thinking the 95 will have dual exhaust port heads whereas the 97 will not. just can't swap the exhaust manifold.

Reply to
johninky

Is the rear diff the same 'ratio' w'ever for both trannies?

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan

Don't know.

Reply to