98 Legacy Stereo Upgrade

I'm doing an upgrade for a friends Legacy Sedan. The factory unit is a single DIN, but the ebay unit he purchased is a double din. Where can I get a metal frame/chasis that will hold double din units for subaru's?

Reply to
Bradley Walker

Any local car stereo shop, and possibly Crutchfield, Best Buy, or Circuit City. Expect to pay $25-50 for all the hardware, trim, and faceplate you'll need.

You'll probably need to talk to a knowledgeable human to get the right stuff.

Reply to
Bonehenge

Actually I think you already have everything needed. Just loose the coin tray and reuse the single din brackets. A few yars ago I replaced the single din in my 95 with a double din from a 3000GT. I don't recall having to buy anything extra for the swap.

Reply to
johninKY