a la moonroof

I've been keeping an eye on the new 05 Legacy GT sedan. Of course no one around here has a manual transmission in stock yet. They all seem to be getting automatic wagons for some reason. I can wait to test drive a standard.

I would like to get a moonroof but don't want the Limited version. Besides the extra cost, I don't like leather seats! I don't want to burn the back of my legs when I sit down.

One of the salesman was telling me you can't get a moonroof without getting the entire Limited version. And I see the Subaru web site does not show a separate moonroof option. :-( Another salesman had told me you could get basically anything you wanted, including a turbo without getting a GT? That sounds suspicious.

So what is the story? Do you really have to get a Limited to get a factory moonroof? Isn't there some way to do it, a secrete word or something?

If not, do the leather seats still get hot? Or do they have some sort of magic leather now days?

Thanks!

rich

Reply to
rich