Aftermarket radio

I recently put in an aftermarket radio/cd/mp3 player in my '98 Impreza. I had to tap into a "hot" non switched wire for the memory presets. I found
one in and around the headlight wiring under the dash. When I tapped into one of them and ran it to the radio I found out that my parking lights were on all the time. [even when off] So I disconnected it and picked another. My question is [because I wasn't paying attention when I started]: Does Subaru automatically have the running lights switch on with ignition? I get the dash and all of the running lights every time I fire it up now. Is this normal or do I need to find another hot wire?
Thanks
Hi, Original radio had cocnstant 12V wire too in the harness. You don't have to tap it off else where. Usually color is yellow. Tony