aiming foglights on 2001 OBW

They came aimed very low. I asked my dealer to aim them the same as low beam headlights. He said they wouldn't go that high. Is he right? Is there a workaround?

Reply to
John Rethorst

My 2007 OBW has fog lights aimed so low I can't even see the area they illuminate from the driver's seat.

There has got to be a way to adjust them up a bit, as well as the regular headlights. However, I don't see any adjusters on either.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

That's funny, on my 2000 OBW, the fogs fill out the sides and a bit of the fronts of my illumination area. If you don't notice it, then just turn them off and turn them on again, you'll notice it right away. However, it could be different on the 2007 model, they have those tiny projection fogs don't they?

They're probably under the assemblies in an area which is completely inaccessible by normal human hands unless you put the car up on a lift.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Fog lights are NOT long range driving lights. They should point toward the road at about 7 feet in front of the car. The idea is to NOT have the light shine perpendicular into to the fog and back at you.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Also, in addition to what Mr. Hayes mentioned, fog lights are for illuminating the sides of the road in foggy conditions so you can see the limits of where you can steer the vehicle. Having lived on a gravel road for fifteen years, on a mountain that fogs up every winter, I've seen enough folks with misconceptions of what fog lights are and do. They are less necessary on roads where the white outer line (the fog line) is visible, but when you are on gravel and can't tell where the sides of the road are, the wide angle illumination from the fogs really helps a lot.

On another note, it is actually illegal in Oregon to drive with aftermarket fog lights on while there is oncoming traffic. There may be a reasonable limit to what your dealer can do, to remain within the law where you are located.

~Brian

Reply to
strchild

You're right, and I should have been clearer in my original post. Where I live (Seattle area), I don't have a special problem with fog, but it rains a lot, and I've found that fog lights with yellow lenses added will illuminate a wet asphalt road very well. I'd like to use the fog lights for that purpose, but would need them aimed higher - not any higher than the standard low beams, of course.

Reply to
John Rethorst