04 OBW Fog Light Aiming

I just got my car back from the body shop, where a new fender, bumper and headlight assembly were replaced. The car looks great, but the fog lights are both aimed way too low. They are essentially useless at the moment. Of course I can take the car back and have them fix it, but if this is something I can easily do, I'd rather do that than go through the inconvenience of going back to the shop. Anyone know how to adjust them?

I have a suspicion that they actually put them on upside down, and it will require removing the bumper, etc., but I am hoping....

Reply to
Alan

I'd like to know, so that I can aim my 01 OBW's fog lights at the same height as the low beams. With the yellow plastic I put over the fog lights, they give terrific illumination on asphalt streets at night.

Reply to
John Rethorst

Mine are now aimed so low that I can barely tell when they are on. Even when they were right, they didn't really illuminate out vey far, but I think this is normal for all factory installed fog lights.

Reply to
Alan

Fog lights are for use in fog, not normal driving. They are aimed low so that the light does not reflect back into the driver's eyes in foggy conditions. If you have ever driven in fog, then you will see what I mean. They are meant to light up the area immediately in front of the car, such as the sides of the roads. Of course, since most people are really clueless about good driving practices. It seems that nowadays everyone drives with their fog lights on all the time to look cool.

Reply to
romy

I knew someone would respond like this. I have been driving for almost 40 years. I have driven in fog. I know when to use fog lights and how they are suposed to be aimed. Once again- the car came back from the body shop, where they replaced the bumper (where the fog lights are...) and the fog lights are not aimed properly. I want to adjust them.

Reply to
Alan