Alcohol Mixed Gasolone... WHY?!?!

You are correct. Now if they can just figure out how to make a high performance zero emissions vehicle.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Boy, I remember how much we needed the French good will back during the late 1930s - early 40s, huh? If it hadn't been for De Gaulle, well, ......... (fill in the blank)

BS. There was, there still is. Your side simply demands that proof take the form of our troops "interrupting an actual production facility"...

I hope so. I think we deserve to see large numbers of terrorist training camps closed for repairs and a lot of dictators who are no longer willing to support, board, house and train those types.

That's right. Be happy!

Reply to
de la rosa

Most plants give off co2 at night and when decomposing.(whether they're digested or burned or composted).

Most 'enviros' only seem to want to discuss limiting human behavior to attempt to alter some perceived risk/trend the planet is experiencing. But there may be some remedial actions worthwhile if we want to affect the planet. One involved dumping iron filings in the north Pacific to create algae blooms to absorb co2. Another involved deploying a solar shage in geosync orbit above the pacific to reduce heat absorption.

some things we know, 99% of all species became extinct before man got here, there were many ocean inundations and ice ages before man got here, and there probably will be after we move out to the stars where we belong.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Lance B wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I know, I grew up on a grain and corn farm. There is a lot that goes into bringing crude oil over here as well (Tanker ships, Tractor/Trailer rigs, and the overall processing),

I agree with what you have stated. I also believe that in time the refining process will be brought to be more efficient. Another thing to consider is that the "by-product" of ethanol can be fed to cattle so therefore it does help in recouping some of the losses involved. Gasoline production wasn't nearly as efficient 50 years ago as it is today, corn based ethanol will become more efficient in time as technology advances and yes it will take some subsidizing to get it there, otherwise there would be no way for ethanol plants to compete with big oil companies. I don't like it either and I don't think ethanol is the "save-all" that environmentalists seem to think it is, but it is a step towards an alternate fuel, maybe a small step but a step none the less.

Reply to
WRXtreme

Arizona, sure, I'll second that!

-- Dominic Richens | snipped-for-privacy@alumni.uottawa.ca "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

Reply to
Dominic Richens

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Uh.... Wind chill factor affects only warm-blooded animals, like human beings. It has no effect whatsoever on inanimate objects or substances, like gasoline -- the correct temperature to look at is the actual outside temperature.

Reply to
Catherine Hampton