RAV4 beeps - why?

When I'm driving along my new RAV4 Invincible automatic will sound a double beep

- for apparently no reason. It then appears to sound a second double beep some time later, again for no reason. My wife seemed to think it was something to do with traffic cameras, is the car warning me I was in an area subject to traffic control, or that I was speeding. That was a great theory but it can happen when I am within the speed limit, and I have yet to see a traffic camera at the same time.

I don't necessarily have the satnav on (one is fitted) so can anyone help as to what could be causing it?

Reply to
Ron M

Makes me wonder why on earth they bother to print an owner's manual...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Jeff Strickland posted for all of us...

Or they have dealers one can ask...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Have you seen the owners manual(s). They are about 3 inches all together.

Reply to
dbu`

homepc

Do you have tollways with etag transponders in car?

Reply to
F Murtz

replying to Ron M, AndrewDHislop wrote: There is an app called ?coyote? that warns you about speed cameras. There are various settings for you to play with.

Reply to
AndrewDHislop

It is an app called ?coyote? that can be configured to warn you when speed cameras are near. There are various options or you can turn it off.

Reply to
AndrewDHislop