Another overheating question

If the headgaskets are in fact blown, would the auto (96 OBW w/178 k miles) overheat when reving at 4k with the AC on? I just had my running like that (not in "drive") and the temp gauge was at the 7 o'clock position.

If the HG are in fact blown, what can I expect to get for such a car with only typical parking lot dings and such? Although the car is in great shape I don't know if it is worth repairing and thought I'd sell it to "Car Cash".

As always, thanks to all. Ric

Reply to
rajp53