Anyone running an LPG Outback?

Currently driving 99 Outback Ltd. Subaru Aus don't recommend LPG & local fitter can't source info or anyone who's done one, but apparently it's available on the UK for the same engine ... (and no, I'm not going to drive over!) Question is, has anyone in Aus had experience with a 2.5 on LPG? If so, what's your vedict to date? Cheers

Reply to
hippo

here in Italy Subaru officially sells Legacy, Outback and Forester "bi-fuel" which is the Subaru-Italy brand for engine running both gasoline and LPG. Italina government is pushing LPG and Natural Gas as clean alternative to gasoline and diesel

Reply to
S.C.

Do you know what system they use? Impco etc? If I can get a manuf I'm half way there! Cheers

Reply to
hippo

Till now they use Icom JTG, a system that directly inject liquid gas. It' a really new tecnology and as all new system gave some trouble. Now I read rumors about a change to BRC sequent Or Landi Omegas. All 3 systems ara made in Italy :-)

Reply to
S.C.

Hi all, I just had my GX2.5 converted to LPG. Evaporator + distributor under the hood, and the 50 litres tank in the boot where the spare wheel sat. Cost in Holland: 2200 euro. Before that I had an Impreza Plus on LPG, 230000km and before that a Legacy

2.0, also 230000km on LPG. Never a problem, and a smile at the gas station.. Site:
Jaap.

"S.C." schreef >

Reply to
jakkerma