AWD What does it all mean

Hey guys,

I know that Subaru vehicles feature AWD. I have also read about a limited-slip diferential. What does this mean? How is power transfered from engine to wheels? are there also differentials on the front of the car and back? Please enlighten me with responses to help me understand this AWD business.

Thanks

JP

Reply to
JP

Subaru does a very good job of explaining AWD on their web site.

They even throw in some cool animations.

BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi