Clearing CEL codes

If i'm getting a lit check engine light from something like a loose gas cap, can I clear or reset the code by disconnecting the battery for a short while?

David

Reply to
The LASER Shop

Edward Hayes

But if it was something else, can one clear the CEL by taking voltage off the system for a short while, Eddie? Laro

Reply to
GTT

I'm not Eddie but I know you can take the voltage off to clean the CEL. Your car's engine computer - ECU - will take sometime to figure out the correct parameters to run efficiently, those parameters are cleared as well.

If there's something wrong, your CEL will come back again. This time go to find someone read the error code for you.

Sam

Reply to
Sam Li