Best speakers for '04 Forester

I just bought an new Forester (getting rid of an Explorer).

The standard speakers seem a bit... mediocre.

What speakers sound best in this vehicle? Can 6.5" be installed in the front/back? Is the factory "tweeter kit" worth buying? What's the best way to get some bass without filling the cargo area - is there an underseat solution?

Just looking for experience before experiment.

Reply to
DocScience

Hit the crutchfield.com site. It will tell you what fits the best. In my 2002 OB I had to be careful which speakers I got because of the shallow depth of the front doors. Subaru offers an underseat subwoofer option that you can purchase from a couple online sources, or you can find one on eBay. I have considered the subwoofer, but have yet to bite the bullet and get one. I believe the actual manufacturer for the OEM version is Panasonic, so take that for what its worth....

Good Luck,

-Kurt

DocScience wrote:

an underseat solution?