brakes screech when car is turning

What does it mean when the brakes emit a high-pitched screech (though not too loud) when they're applied when the steering wheel is turned? They don't make this sound when the wheels are straight. When I back out of my driveway and cut the wheel to back into the street, they grind and screech a little. I've also noticed the sound when I apply the brakes while turning at an intersection. I recently had the rear brakes adjusted, and the front rotors were trued, by the dealership. Is there a common problem with Impreza brakes?

2003 Impreza Outback Sport.

Thanks Xav

Reply to
Xavier

I have a 97 OBW, and it was doing the same after getting the brake pads replaced, only on right turns, and only on the left of the car, and more so when I had a passenger... anyway, I left it until the next service, mentioned it, and they said it was just a pad that had a burr on the end, and so it was a high point, and rubbed on the disc.

Reply to
Dave - Dave.net.nz

not saying this is what is wrong with yours, but it sounded similar.

Reply to
Dave - Dave.net.nz