poor idle after high revs

Somebody must have found the cause of this problem and fixed it before; our dealer can't find it: When I slow the 99 Outback 2.5l engine down, it often starts running on what seems like 2 cylinders, and won't run properly until turned off and on again. It's like there's a high rev protection mode, which resets with a restart. The CEL comes on, and the code is 1507 - idle air motor failsafe. Changed that - no change. Any help would be golden; thanks in advance.

Reply to
casper

I have very similar problem with 90 legacy-- You drive car for about 3 miles, park it and then get going again after 30-40 minutes parked- within

1/2 to 1 mile car will srart starving for fuel, start hesitating or revving very rough and then stall out-- happens on acceleration from low speed or slowing down for a stop sign etc. or making a normal turn-- dangerous situation- everyone has given up on this so far. Have changed all the plugs and the coil Pak. CEL is not on. Other than this intermittent problem the car runs smooth as silk-- 145K miles.
Reply to
Lew Rain