Car Model Confusion

I'm confused. My insurance company calls my car a "Legacy Outback." Yet all I can find on my car is the work "Outback." It's the 2003 H3.0 Outback.

If it was the 2.5 engine, would that make it into the "Legacy Outback."

Al

Reply to
Al

There are two types of Outbacks, one is Legacy-based and the other is Impreza-based. Yours is the former even though it may not have Legacy badges on it. The smaller Outback Sport is Impreza-based. So the classification depends on the platform not the engine.

Reply to
mulder

The "Outback" designation is essentially on options package, as Mulder points out, there's a Legacy or Impreza holding the optional parts together.

The Impreza version has also been known as the "Outback Sport", with no mention of Impreza. This lets dealers advertise $17,000 "Outbacks". 8^)

Yes, it's confusing...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Outback = suspension package + some body cladding Think of it like Chevy's Z71 package.

B A R R Y wrote:

Reply to
Cody.Ray.Wagner

OK, thanks for the info guys.