CEL anomally

Hi Group,

I have a 1995 Legacy GT which keeps giving strange symptoms: After disconnecting the battery overnight to clear any engine management errors then I connect the two wires to retrieve codes the CEL flashes regularly. Normal I think? After driving for a couple of miles then cruising at steady speed the CEL will illuminate, if I accelerate hard the light goes out. Checking the codes gives two long flashes followed by one short flash which is faulty temperature sensor. I can do this for a couple of weeks before suddenly the CEL will not clear and starting becomes difficult. Disconnecting the battery for some time will then restore normal starting.

I have replaced the temperature sensor (not the temperature gauge sender) but the same symptoms are still exhibited.

Has anybody else had similar CEL occurrences, along with what appears to be conflicting error codes, and how was the issue resolved?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

Seems almost like 2 different issues - but you never got a code other than 21? Try asking at

if no help appears here.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan