OBD II

Can anyone tell me if my 94 legacy 2.2L have OBD II, if not what do I have. Reason for asking was I suspect that I have some sort of sensor problem, starting in a warm morning the car runs very rough in the beginning to a point almost stall. replace the temp sensor condition remain the same.thinking about get a scanner myself,(what kind?) because dealer charge $90/hour. Thanks James

Reply to
SHUNJU HU

IIRC, OBDII didn't hit until '96. You may be able to do the paperclip jumper trick with your scooby.

Reply to
Kevin T

If no further info comes in this group, try posting at

. Others ARE correct that you do not have OBDII and will need to read the codes probably using some connectors under the dash (green?) that will caues the CEL lihjt to blink a pattern. Also, if you did not 'clear' the CEL after changing your temp sensor, try disconnecting the neg. batt. cable, stepping on the brake pedal, wait 20-30 minutes and reconnecting the battery. If the CEL comes back, use whatever method is required to read the new code.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You can find the procedure for retrieiving codes yourself here-

Note that if the check engine light is not on, there may not be any stored codes to be read out. If there are any codes they will be old and the conditions that set them may no longer exist. There are no scanners available for your car, at least not at reasonable cost.

Reply to
mulder

SHUNJU HU ha scritto:

on

you can download a free obd sofware dedicated to our subby, it works with all subby (even mine that is not full obd2 compliant) from 1999 with the suggested cable or ceap cables for vag-com

Reply to
S.C.

Reply to
SHUNJU HU

That won't work for the car in question here, which is a 94 and thus OBDI.

Reply to
mulder

Actually Suby had OBD-II in 1995, I have it on my '95 Outback, but it was not required for all US cars until 1996. Bob Wilson

Reply to
Robert L Wilson

Looking further: At

there are details onpre-1996 OBD-II compliant machines. Apparently among Subarus it was onlyLegacys with automatic transmission, which fits my '95 Legacy Outback.Bob Wilson

Reply to
Robert L Wilson