Changing a low-beam headlight on a 2004 Legacy Outback Sedan LTD

How do I change a low-beam headlight on a 2004 Legacy Outback Sedan LTD? What is the replacement bulb and is there an illustration somewhere on how to change the bulb? Thanks

Reply to
RaP

RaP wrote in news:2664a3d3-de48-4deb-85c8-675525efa0b0 @f19g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

I believe it's in the owner's manual, at least it was for my previous 2004 Impreza. And it was a real pain, you have to first remove the grille, and then pull out the entire fixture. If you have to go thru that, I would recommend relamping the entire fixture so you don't have to go thru that again in another month.

Reply to
Larry Weil

Amazing! And it is so simple in the 1999 OBW!

Reply to
Uncle Ben

My 04 Outback requires removing nothing. Unscrewing the cover accesses all bulbbs

Reply to
Big Jim

My experience is that the standard deviation of bulb life is pretty small. Once one fails, the other is not far behind--as hinted at earlier. Therefore, it is always smart to buy the two pack of bulbs since the packge deal is significantly cheaper than buying two individually. I did that a few times before I realized how foolish it was.

I replaced a bulb on an 02 OBW in about two minutes and it required no major surgery. Did they change things, or is someone confused? I'd second the suggestion of checking the owners manual.

Bill

Reply to
weelliott

Not to be a wise-acre, but have you actually looked under the hood? Most cars, the bulb simply unplugs from the back, although ti change the directionals on my Audi A4, I do have to remove the headlight unit from the front of the car to get the clearance to do so. And the owner's manual will probably tell you what sort of bulb you need.

Dan D '99 Impreza RS 2.5 (two sons fighting over it now) Central NJ USA

Reply to
DJD58