cheapest online Subaru parts / accessory Store?

After many years of Hondas... I'm moving up to the Subaru world...

Just curious, where is the best online place to find the lowest prices on Subaru items?

It seems there is a group of vendors with all the same items, same layout but different prices... none of them exactly cheap.

Looking for the arm rest extension for a Forester, $94?

Somewhere is a better price, where is it?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Estes

There is probably no "best" place to find the lowest prices. Sorry.

Reply to
WRXtreme

I'd be interesting in knowing other good sources for these things. The $94 is a lot, but it's still less than $117 on the Subaru site. I'm thinking of getting a Forester and the low console armrest is a minor concern (91 Explorer with split-bench seat has a nice high middle armrest).

I have to admit the console extension looks pretty goofy in the pictures, it looks to me like you take off the original lid, the extension (an empty rectangular tube?) mounts in its place, then you put the original lid on the extension? And, $94 for _that_!? Would it be difficult to make one out of plywood or MDF?

Are there better aftermarket things, both for this purpose and in general? I have a two-level console that I bought a long time ago at Canadian Tire, cost C$20 and is not specific to the Explorer. Don't know exactly when but it was so long ago the slots are for cassettes and the ones they sell today have slots for CD. :)

Over the years I've bought a few extra things for my Explorer, none from Whitney but there were a few Explorer places back in 1996 that I got catalogues (and products) from. Are there other sites like that for the Subarus?

Thanks!

=andrew

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

(from previous poster) there is always a lower price... the word "best" might be a little strong, but I know there are cheaper places...

to andrew.... thanks for the ideas... yeah, wish subaru would of just included this $8 dollar part... i've done some more Froogle Checking and the lowest I can find now is $70...

too many people are making an extra $50-$100 bucks on this and I'm determined to find the person who isn't (smirk)

take care,

andrew (posting as scott to keep away spam)

thanks!

Reply to
Scott Peteres

I have no personal experience with these, but their web sites look interesting:

HTH

Reply to
John Rethorst

Was my description accurate? Does the extension have a bottom (making two stacked bins) or is a tube making a huge stacked bin? It must be possible to make it, but I bet it would look pretty rough (depends who makes it). I wonder if anyone will come out with an alternate one, perhaps bigger or with lots of interior compartments.

=aw

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

Thanks John!

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

FYI -- When I bought my 01 Forester, I had the center console extension installed. It's great for comfort, but be aware that you lose the cupholder. Now I have a flimsy pull-out folderoo cupholder in the dash instead. Not sure, but I don't think that it was there before ordering the optional center console extension.

Andrew Webber wrote:

Reply to
BRH

Thanks for the info, I think I'll start as-is and shop around for an extension or other option. Unless I need to _finance_ the console extension, that would be a better bet in any case.

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

Warning to anyone thinking of buying from expressautoparts.com

First check out:-

and

also the Better Business Bureau
has over 89complaints in the last 12 moths over incorrect billing and refusal torefund for parts either not sent or returned.

Reply to
John

Thanks for posting. Isn't the web wonderful? A store can rip off one individual fairly easily; it's harder when communication like this is available.

Reply to
John Rethorst