ChuckIt vs Forester: ChuckIt won :-(

I was entering my '04 green Forester. I had my ChuckIt * in hand and it smacked the door about waist high. It left about a 1cm scratch through to white primer? below.

Now, although a tennis ball was in place (increasing the momentum) it did NOT impact very hard, really closer to a tap the a hard hit. The type of impact that would not be painful if it hit your body or your head. Furthermore, it's only made of medium hard plastic, so I was rather shocked at how easily it scratched the paint. The only other explanation I can come up with is that the back of the ball cup which hit the door is a bit scratched up, and maybe it had a speck of hard "dirt" on it.

Anyway, any opinions about Subaru paint?

Pete

Reply to
P T

It used to be heavy. I guess Subaru, like everyone else is finding ways to cheapen the product with out making it obvious. sigh.

Reply to
DAW

The paint seems as good as any other, but only of my few complains about Subaru is the softness of the metal. It appears thinner in cross-section than the steel on my old Crown Victoria, but then again the Vic got a blazing 12 MPG with my lead foot, a lighter touch might have gone 15 or 16 MPG versus the 20-25 on the Subaru. Anyway, a couple years back I put a nasty dent in my door from a shop vac hose extension. This was from the "hard" piece that you hold, not the flexible hose. I was surprised at the severity of the dent considering the speed at which it was hit, which wasn't very hard. Subsequent encounters with falling plant debris has resulted in similar denting on the hood, but never the roof.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker