2000 Outback headlights

The headlights on my wife's 2000 Legacy Outback seem awfully weak, especially compared to those on my 2003 Toyota 4Runner. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim Hill

Reply to
James Hill

Only not to exceed the manufacturer's recommendation on wattage so much that you overrun the wiring that's installed.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

You could put some masking tape on those 4Runner head lights...

;-)

florian ///F

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/

Avoid the Sylvania Silverstar. Cost more (much more), burn out quickly, and apparently don't put out more light that stock. They just look "bluer". I don't think $20 for a single bulb is worth it just to "look cool". Its rated life is less than half of standard bulbs, and less than 1/4 of the long-life bulbs (probably stock in you car).

Let's see. 2000 Legacy Outback. H1 low-beams. I'd say try and find someone who carries the Osram (not Sylvania) Silverstar. I have them in my 2004 WRX, and I'm quite happy with them. They're made for the European market, and they have to be imported. They're not super expensive either. They don't last long, but put out more light.

Reply to
y_p_w