comments appreciated

Howdy guys, I am considering buying our (mine actually) second Soob. I may test drive the Baja, and a Foreter XT - but really want a WRX wagon.

I have several points I'd like input on. First is, '05 or '06? I don't mind waiting and the early photos don't really turn me off of the '06. next is, manual or Auto? (I mostly need a daily driver and doubt I would be doing anything in the way of street racing, though taking a driving lesson or 2 or possibly finding an SCCA rallyX to try out is a dream - I admit it may not be practical. Also, should my wife or other person need to use the car - obviously the auto is the better choice. I may installa hitch but likely just for a bike rack - but again, even towing a light trailer would be easier with auto I guess).

I generally keep cars a very longtime. At my age (50) it's increasingly harder to get under a car or lean over a fender for long periods even though I'm no stranger to a wrench. So, what options should I consider buying, what shopuld I get and install myself? If I get the Subaru performance muffler, does it prevent me from installing a hitch? Should I get aftermarket hitch or Soob? So many questions I know.

I'm in Texas so any color coupled with a dark interior is out. I'm considering white (I guess it'll be offered on the '06 - anyone know or have a link?) since my baby will likely live outdoors.

What options are best left outta the deal up front? I don't mind a basic car - though I kinda like the compass mirror in my wife's Outback. I'll likely be happy with stock sound system too. I will get a sport muffler and perhaps change the rear anti-sway bar and maybe different wheels (Kosei?) But I'm in no hurry.

comments?

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan