Buying a 05 Tacoma - Suggestions/Comments Appreciated

Planning on buying an 05 Tacoma 4x4 in the next two weeks. Will replace a

99 F150. Will be used on road but need the 4x4 for winter because of my rural, unplowed subdivision. Suggestions on model, i.e. base, prerunner, etc. Comments on options or anything appreciated.
Reply to
GD

Bob Palmer

Through my experience on choosing what type of vehicle to buy I find test driving different models and makes, that is, if you can.

Reply to
rpmspeedyBlue

Get the v-6, the 4 is nice, in real time tests, the fuel consumption is almost identical... and u get more power with the 6

Reply to
Dan J.S.

it seems though - more maintenance is required with the 6 - tuneups at

Reply to
Bob Palmer

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:35:44 -0400, "Bob Palmer" found these unused words floating about:

Just have the dealer put in the platinum version of the plugs, then it jumps to 60K

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

I have the 04 x-cab v6 sr5 4x4 auto. It has good power, but not enuf for me to want the i-4. My old 90 was identical and added lumar supports and factory sunroof.

Your probably really dont need 4x4. The prerunner will save you $4k and 500 pounds of machinery. I really dont need 4x4 either. So I got 4x4 because I wanted. You should decide for yourself too. I mean who cares if I get stuck at the lodge in a snow storm. To the lodge is important. getting home can wait.

Reply to
SBC User

I have a 98 NICE just had complete custom paint frame up. they are DEFINATLEY worth it, wife has a corolla with 260,000 miles.....not ONE problem.....

Reply to
screamintacoma