coolant conditioner?

Links everyone should have?

The conditioner part no. is in the notes section

VIN listing of vehicles that absolutely should have the conditioner. I personally don't use it in my phase III engines.

Subaru radiators are easily plugged due to the small tubing used. If dealers do your work, buying the Subaru brand eliminates arguments. It takes less than a gallon of full strength (@ 50:50 mix) to fill my boxer 4 cyl. If you pay over $13.00 per gallon your being ripped off.

Reply to
What's Next

Edward Hayes

They list it in my 2005 Forester owner's manual to be added at each coolant change.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

The coolant "conditioner" is the Burr radiator leak sealant sold in the UK. Subie owners should tell Subaru to properly engineer the head gasket instead of relying on sealant. Perhaps Subaru got the inspiration from GM who have similar problems with their intake manifold gaskets and solved it with their "conditioner" which is the Bars Leak product.

The point is if your Subie doesn't have gasket problems don't use their "conditioner" because its not going to provide any benefits assuming you change your coolant per the maintenance schedule.

Newrdr