another possessed car

The remote/keyless system on my 96 Subaru legacy is playing up bigtime. About a week ago the car broke down and I had to have the alternator/battery replaced. After picking it up a couple of days ago, everything seem to run fine, but then yesterday after turning it off, the indicator lights began flashing in a random manner (not the regular pattern I've experience before after having a flat battery), and more bizarrely, the car would complely open all the door locks. This would happen even if I was outside the car and key out of the ignition, which was rather disconcerting. I eventually thought I had solved the problem by borrowing a friends subaru remote (I'd lost mine), and programming it in. However, today the problem restarted, and initially repeating the remote reprogram didn't work. I kept trying and after a while the problem just seemed to stop. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Reply to
mj

It could be that the alternator/battery replacement is a clue. I'd check the power and especially ground connections. There's a ground connection from the battery to the frame and also a ground connection to the engine - clean them off with some sandpaper and make sure they are seated well.

Remco

Reply to
Remco