Country of origin

And what symbol for US residents?

-redneck?

-turkey with head up its arse?

-stars and stripes

Reply to
enigma

Oh, really? Then why'd they need an aussie to sell it for them? ;-)

And I think you'll find that while the Outback *name* may have first been used in the US, the raised Legacy with protection on the lower half already existed elsewhere as the "Grandwagon".

's_the_GW.htm I don't know when they started making them, but there are lots of 1995 model year Grandwagons here in NZ.

Bruce Hoult

My (admittedly limited) understanding is that US manufactured Subarus are for the North American continent market ONLY. Rest-of-world Subaru's are all manufactured in Japan.

I could be wrong (quite likely)..... if anyone can confirm, it would be appreciated

Cheers Spinifex

91 Liberty (Australian Legacy) RS Turbo AWD Manual 2.0 T 85 Leone FWD 1.8 NA 01 Liberty AWD 2.0 NA

Henry Paul wrote:

Reply to
anon

You are correct my friend. Also the Outback name/concept was marketed first for the US market, although Paul Hogan was used to promote it. Doesn't make it Aussie though.

Reply to
enigma

Good idea, even if unfortunately I don't own a Subaru :-) I usually put the country in my signature (see below).

Reply to
GT