'01 OBS clutch rebuild at 51K miles

At about 35,000 miles, I had to have a shift finger replaced under warranty because my transmission would pop out of gear when releasing the clutch, and the trans was almost impossible to shift.

Now at 51K miles, my clutch has to be rebuilt. I am not hard on a clutch, and I have never had a clutch die like this. The dealer, Sommers of Mequon, Wisconsin, told me the drivetrain warranty would cover the labor if he found any trans parts were damaged other than the clutch plates, but he found no damage. He is having the flywheel recut, but so far the bill is $800+ USA bucks.

Any questions or comments?

David

Reply to
David R. Birch