CPU or Exhaust upgrades for 2.5 RS????

I recently bought a 2005 RS and i wanna make a quick

200HP from the 165 stock. Does anyone have any suggestions for basic engine upgrades for the Impreza that WON'T Void my warranty??? I have looked into an STI based exhaust from Subaru but I would like to know if they make an upgraded computer chip?? Thanks, Jason
Reply to
Shubaroo

Bryan Lee

NA engines like those in the 2.5RS don't benefit much from a CPU (chip) upgrade. You'd be better off with some intake and exhaust mods. Try the NASIOC forums for more info.

Ragnar

You're not gonna get reliable 20% more hp with simple bolt ons. You bought the wrong car, or you need an engine swap. Why don't you spend a little for a sportier exhaust, then start making suspension, wheel and tire upgrades. Forget street racing and find a rallycross or autocross group in your area.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan

Shubaroo wrote:

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

You'd be hard pressed to get 200bhp out that engine under warranty. The UK STi's Prodrive Pack has a complete new exhaust system a revised ECU mapping high flow fuel pump and I believe tho not sure some modifications to the induction system. This only gives a warranty approved 39bhp increase from

261 to 300 and costs 2000GBP If your willing to throw your warranty away then im sure you could get the 200 without too much hassle but be prepared for problems... Remember the high performance engines such as the STi have very few parts in common with their lesser powered siblings (Sodium filled exchast valves etc). IIRC the UK STi engine is 80% sti parts, (please correct if wrong.) R
Reply to
Ross