cruise control

I the light of experience, which gives the better fuel economy on a say 100 mile journey? Normal driving, or leaving it on cruise control??

Reply to
Robert John

Depends. On flat roads, cruise control is better. On hilly roads, a good driver is better.

Reply to
Alan

I find the cruise is better, hands down.

Steve

Reply to
CompUser

....or feet up.

Reply to
Orienteer

seconded.

too bad i can't set mine past 87 mph. ;)

ken

Reply to
Ken Gilbert

Robert, Boy does it depend on the driver! I am a much more 'aggressive' driver than my wife, but I am aggressive down hills and in straightaways where I know the engine is operating efficiently, and the transmission stays in Overdrive. I also will refuse to allow the engine to go into too high a speed going up a hill. I'll let it slow a little instead of pushing the RPM's.

Knowing this, I barely improve over the mileage in cruise control, but cc beats my wife's irregular driving speeds by a big amount.

-Billradio

Reply to
Bill Radio