speakers

I've decided to try and take my current stereo system from my Honda and import it into my 2004 STi when I pick it up this weekend. Three questions:

1) Will I need the wiring harness adapter that is shown here to connect to my Aiwa head unit?

2) What are the maximum depths for the speaker holes in the STi doors? I have some 5.25" Blaupunkts, and they are somewhere between 2.2" and 2.5" deep.

3) Do the rear speakers go in the back doors, or in the space between the back windshield and the back seat?

Thanks for the help!

Matt

Reply to
Matt F

  1. Nothing showed, but I couldn't have said either way :-/
  2. Check around on
    think I saw some threads on speaker max dimensions there.
  3. In the WRX, they're mounted in back doors.
Reply to
CompUser
1). You will need a new wiring harness for the head unit that is compatible with the factory subaru wiring harness.

2, 3). Try "What Fits My Car?" at Crutchfield.com

-T

Reply to
TomTom

or check on

forums, and maybe

Andrew Morris

Yeah I tried Crutchfield, but they haven't measured this car yet. :(

Reply to
Matt F