Dealer Ripoff?

I just got my 7500 mi service on my H6. I asked what I got for my $95. It seemed to me to be essentially an oil change. So I said no and just got the oil changed.

The manual said to rotate the tires; they said not until 15,000. The manual also said that the 7500 service was just the oil/filter change and tire rotation.

Am I missing something?

Al

Reply to
Al

Dealer appears to be confused (multi brand dealer? ) or bilking you.

In my service schedule for my 2001 Outback, 7500 is oil and filter, plus perform tire rotation. 15000 includes those services plus inspections of brakes, brakelines clutch and steering.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Nope

I don't think you're missing anything. When I had my 99 RS 2.5 I found the service at my local dealer very expensive. From what I have read in the forums and on the internet the prevailing opinion among owners and experts is that when you consider the cost of servicing you're Subaru think Porche not Chevy. I also found the cost of parts to be quite high as well. I didn't have much luck at my local auto parts outlet either as Subaru seems to do little to encourage or help the aftermarket suppliers provide alternative sources for parts. Most of the time I just got shrugs from the part store clerks when they tried to look up part numbers for me. I don't know if things have improved since I had my car but I was just trying for example to buy simple things like oil filters and air filters, wiper blades and such. I hope you do better than I did. I had to get rid of the car because of the trouble I had.

Reply to
H. Daniel Chesney

Subaru.com has a listing of outstanding dealers. Check and see if yours is on it, and then let Subaru know of your experience. If there's anything to it, I am certain Subaru will want to know anyway.

Hope this helps!

-KarenM-

I just got my 7500 mi service on my H6. I asked what I got for my $95.

Reply to
Karen Martin

I checked the list for Massachusetts, and they listed every dealer in the state. I guess they're all outstanding. {;-) George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of youth that doth not grow stale with age." ---- J.W Muller

Reply to
George Adams

I would like to see the official Subaru list of crappy dealerships. :!)

Reply to
Subbies Two

Actually, they only list about half of them as Stellar Performers - they have the blue and gold logo underneath them.

Reply to
Kevin T

I know one in Chicagoland you can definitely put on that list. Subaru of Schaumburg. I had a very positive sales experience there, but holy crap was service there a mess. According to subaru techs and salespeople I've talked to at other area dealerships, Schaumburg is kinda the black sheep of the market here--they'll undercut to get the business and do a lot of backstabbing of other dealerships, and the service techs I've talked to often can't believe the questions they get asked in phone calls from Schaumburg techs. Second hand information from 2 years ago, but YMMV.

SoS are, by the way, NOT the folks who are the topic of my other 60k mi service thread. They'd have handled that situation far worse than the dealer I do go to, I'm sure.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.