door locks

I bought a used '01 Impreza Outback. It seems ok so far except for two things: the previous ownner was a serious smoker (two burnholes in the drivers seat) and the car reeks, and the door locks randomly lock and unlock as you drive. The smoke odor has a standard solution and I think maybe the dealer will agree to handle it--seems a reasonable request--but I am puzzled by the locks. There is a sticker under the hood stating that the car has a security system or keyless entry (doesn't specify), and I suspect that it is keyless entry and the former owner did not turn in his transmitter.

So, is it likely that the keyless system is getting glitches and toggling the locks, and if so, where is the unit attached? I have to assume that this is third party stuff, but maybe not.

Reply to
donald girod