Engine management computer K8

I have a 1993 model Subaru legacy station wagon about 190k Kms. This car developed some problems with the engine; initialy it had a boxer engine central efi. I put in a fairly new engine this time round an efi one was put with a few midifications here and there in the wiring system. The car worked well during the testing stages but while finalizing the wiring work, the mechanics messed up and blew up the computer. I an unable to get this kind of computer locally. Can anyone advice me how I can get this computer and how much it will cost? My friend has a similar type of computer and When we put it in my car the car operates quite well. So I am fully convinced that the problem is solely with the computer.

Thanks,

Ken.

Reply to
ken

Your question is likely too vague as stated. If you knew what year model and size engine was installed, and be sure to tell us the transmission type, someone may have some ideas. maybe there is a part/model number on the old computer that would be significant. Also, you might consider posting thi on the appropriate forum at

. Those guys are very good at getting subies up and running.

Regardless, more details will be required.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan