Engine management light !!

Hi, I own a vauxhall vectra S reg Automatic... and recently had the engine management light keep coming on. I took it to vauxhall and they put it on there machine and it showed up nothing at all , So now im thinking what the problem could be . It was ok for 2 weeks and drove ok then out the blue on came the light again , you can still drive the car but it sems as though it is taking longer to change gears and when I was at a stop last week the engine cut out on me completely. This has been happening for 4 weeks now and comes and goes and I am still at a loss as to what it might be , I have been told that the crank shaft sensor could be the problem and make this happen but im not completely convinced. Any help would be appreciated many thanks Clive..

Reply to
Clive 1974

It could be so many things; it's a bit like someone saying "I don't feel well" to the doctor. Firstly I would find as many removable sensors as I could and make sure they, and their connections, were clean, then replace the crank sensor, test the water temp. sensor, etc...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Thanks for the advice I will try anything .

Reply to
Clive 1974