Error in average MPG display

As I understand it, in the 2003 and earlier generation, when the draw from the battery exceeds 9 Kw (something like 12 hp) the engine fires up. In the current model it is higher, but I don't know how much higher... I think about twice the draw. Most accelerations in light traffic start the engine in our model, but I think the post-2003 version can do a lot of normal accelerations on battery.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Which models/years of Subaru have this display? How is it activated or turned on? (I haven't seen it on my 2002 Beam Outback ?)

Reply to
Jack Countryman