Flashers on keyless entry

Have 99 Forester 2.0 Turbo. It has keyless entry (remote controlled power door locks). But locking (or unlocking) the car does not flash the turn signals like on many other cars. It would be nice to have some visual confirmation when doors are locked. Can this be easily installed?

Reply to
Helge Opgård

Check your manual, On the newer Forester and Legacy you can switch the beep and lights on and off. I think you hold down both remote buttons for a couple of seconds. My parents turned theirs off because their Forester beeped the horn and they thought it was obnoxious.

Steve

"Helge > Have 99 Forester 2.0 Turbo. It has keyless entry (remote controlled power

-- remove "SPAM_TRAP_" to reply directly

Reply to
steve ball

I just unplugged the little squeaker horn on the WRX - it's in front of the radiator. I used a zip-tie to keep the wire harness from getting in the way. Alarm works fine and functions well, without the annoying bleeps.

Mike

Reply to
MikeL

My '01 OBW works like this. I'll bet most of them do.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

Check the manual. if that does not work it's a bad relay located on the side of the fuse box they use to flash/click the lights on/off with. Our shop has replaced several subaru lamp relays over the years. They're made by either Omron or Mashushita and are very cheap/shoddy in construction. (made in china as you would expect....)

Reply to
Mike N

THANK YOU!!!

This worked on my '99 OBW, and I like the remote entry a LOT better now. See, I replaced the horns so it sounds like a late 70's Buick, and they're freakin' LOUD every time I need to lock the sucker. Not anymore! :-)

Thanks again.

-John O

Reply to
John O

A related question:

I installed an aftermarket alarm/keyless entry myself but never hooked up the flashers. Does anyone know where to tap into the parking light leads (and which color they are on a 98 Legacy) without disassembling the entire steering column?

florian /FFF/

Reply to
Florian Feuser /FFF/