Strange keyless entry problem (2006 Sonata)

Until today when I pressed the lock button on the keyless entry remote the lights would flash so that I knew the doors had actually locked. As of today I no longer get the flash though the doors do lock. Additionally, if I pressed it again while it was locked the car would beep. This is no longer happening either. Any ideas? It's a 2006 GL.

-B

Reply to
Blair

Assuming the new sonata works just like the other hyundai models....

If the lights don't flash the alarm is not activated because the system senses that something is not closed. There are sensors for each door as well as the hood and trunk. If the lights in the cabin go out when all the doors are closed it is probably not one of those sensors.

I would locate the sensor under the hood and trunk and make sure it is pressed in while hitting the lock button on the keyfob. If you get the blinking lights/chirp you found the culprit.

Ultimately it is probably just an adjustment and shoud be taken care of with no problem at the dealer.

Reply to
art.obrien

My 2006 Santa Fe does the same thing Sometimes I have to press the button three of four times to get the flash and beep

Reply to
Finn

IIRC when we bought our LX the salesman told us that you can turn the blink/beep feature on and off via the remote by pressing and holding the unlock button for a specified period of time like say 10 seconds. (might be the lock button...or longer/shorter on the time ....don't remember for sure...that was 9500 miles ago and I've never had a reason to try it :-)

KW

Reply to
KW

Replace the batteries in the remote.