Forester '04 MP3 kit

I am looking for a solution to connect my iPod MP3 player directly to the in-dash 6-disc changer / weatherband radio (P130). I googled for many hours already, but nothing so far. I would consider a fm-transmitter as the last resort, because of the poor audio quality. Ideas??

Reply to
news.cybcon.com

try rec.audio.car

usually if you can get a factory cd-changer cable and a diagram of the wiring for the changer input you can trick the head unit into thinking there is a changer connected, and then use it as a line-in which you should be able to wire up using a 1/8" stereo headphone plug that will plug into the ipod's headphone output. FM transmitters suck.

-Tom