2005 quad cad laramie how to get a mp3 player input on the oem sound system.

Anyone know how to get a input on the oem sound system to run a mp3 player directly not using a frequency transmitter.

Thank

Bob

Reply to
oups

Depends on which system you have. If you have a cassette player, the cassette adapter is the cheapest and IMO the best solution. If you, like me, have the GPS system with a CD player, you have two options:

1) You can purchase an adapter that plugs into your satellite/cd changer port. High quality. 2) Purchase an FM modulator that splices directly into the FM antennae. You will have a toggle switch somewhere that you flip to shut off the antennae and activate the modulator. NOTE: this is NOT the same as an FM transmitter. There is no wireless transmission occurring. It is wired directly into the antennae. Medium quality. There is no static, but the highest quality you will get is that of an FM station, giving up highs and lows.

I didn't want to give up my satellite radio with option 1. Option 2 was my only choice ... and it was the cheaper of the two.

You can have either option installed at your local car audio shop, like Car Toys.

Good luck. Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Reply to
Ed H.

That's option #1 from above, BTW. Cost was $150.00 plus installation. It plugs into the CD changer/Satellite radio plug. Advantage: high quality. Disadvantage: lose your cd changer/ satellite radio connection.

Cost of option #2 was $60.00 plus installation. Advantage: keep cd changer/satellite radio. Disadvantage: reduced quality. But still MUCH better than an FM transmitter.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.