iPod/MP3 adapter for 92 coupe with Bose System

I thought I had found a good solution for connecting my iPod to my Bose audio system. I have tried the cassette adapter and FM-transmitter adapter route, but found the sound quality poor. I bought an FM modulator that hooks in-line with the radio antenna and adds the audio source to an unused FM station position. I figured that since it was a hard-wired solution, I might get better quality sound and a neater installation.

Problem: after I removed the lower RH panel to access the radio and removed the antenna wire, I found that the Bose unit does not use a standard antenna plug so my $25 solution would not work.

Has anyone else done this? Any adapters that I could use to connect what I have, or is there another FM modulator that has the same (smaller) plug that the Bose unit uses?

I like the Bose system and would like to keep my C4 as original as possible, so opting for a complete audio changeout is not what I'm looking for.

Rick in Seal Beach Red 92 Coupe

Reply to
Richard Lovdahl

Hello

I live in the UK and sourced an adapter for my Bose system in my C5 from yhe US, it plugged in the cd socket and worked much better than my alpine unit which I now have.

I am sure you can find one with a Google search but if not post back and I will find out where I got mine from.

Reply to
yar

Thanks for the reply - Yes, there are adapters that connect to the CD-Changer plug (which doesn't exist on the C4 Bose unit), but I couldn't use them.

Since my original post, I have found adapters from the GM-OEM plug to the standard antenna plug, but it is a real pain to access the radio in order to plug in the new cable. I need smaller fingers ;-)