Forester High Mileage

What kind of longevity are folks getting on their Forester? I am considering buying one with around 130,000 miles on it. I suppose lots of things could go wrong at this point...

Reply to
Jchick

Edward Hayes

I just bought an 98 forester with 140K on it and it has worked like a dream, previous owner was very meticulous about getting it its check-ups..I am curious to see how many miles some people have put on their rigs.

Reply to
Jonathan

I think having good records is key. Was your timing belt changed?

J> I just bought an 98 forester with 140K on it and it has worked like a

Reply to
Jchick

Have the car checked out by a reputable mechanic, and find out when the timing belt was changed. These cars seem to last forever. I just sold a Loyale with 175k on it that ran great. I bought an Outback with 200k on it (new engine 30k ago), and my neighbor just sold her Legacy with 300k on it.

Reply to
Sheldon