forester noisy disk brakes

Hi ,

I have a (european) forester 2002. The disk brakes (at least I am quite sure) produce a noise when Not braking. The noise is pulsing with speed of the wheels, it does not dissapear when pushing the clutch (so its not someting in the engine). To me the most obvious seem that the disks are not 100% (perpendicular) aligned with the axle, so the disk is pushing the brake pads to the left and right. At low speed I can feel the vibration in te same frequency. At low speed it sometimes sound like scraping and the sound is more heavy. After driving with high speed and let the car stop without breaking the part that holds the disk pads (I dont know the name in english) is not hot. So this is a bit against the above idea , but maybe at high speed due to inertia the pads contact with the disk decreases. Does someone recognizes this problem?

Rob

Reply to
rob frohwein

Sounds like warped rotor(s), possibly with severely worn pads, also.

Reply to
CompUser