Forester X v Legacy Sedan L/SE

I am very close to pulling the trigger one of these two. I am in mid-west,USA - getting a lot of snow this year. I drive a lot in interstates with strong winds.

Both car are priced few $100s within each other.

Based on my very limited research:

Forester X + Full size spare + Hatchback (Legacy wagon too gaudy for me) + Better re-sale - Susceptible to crosswinds?

Legacy Sedan L/SE + Lower to ground + Sunroof + Styling - No full size tire - Potenza on snow - Poor resale

Are geolanders on forester good for 1-2 seasons in snow?

WRX wagon is distant 3rd choice.

Help me decide.

Reply to
Irn Mdn

It all depends on what you're looking for. If wind resistance is your only concern, maybe the Forester isn't what you want. It would have more ground clearance, though my Legacy (wagon) has no problems with being to low except in the meanest of Nor'easters. My choice, of the three you gave, would be the WRX wagon, or if I really needed the extra space, I'd get that new Turbo Forester. I wouldn't know about the tire choices, but those are easily changed. As far as resale, well, you might be right that the sedan would have a slightly lower resale than the wagon, but where I live, all Subarus have excelent resale values, far above any domestic and most other Japenese cars.

Tonyrama '95 Outback

Reply to
tonyrama