Front speakers in 2000+ OBW: What fits?

I'm looking to upgrade the front door speakers in my 2003 OBW. I know that the mounting depth/height is an issue. Crutchfield only says that

2-3 models of speakers will fit (lower-end Kenwood and Pioneers, and a mid-level Rockford Fosgate model). What have you all been able to install in the door panels? I don't mind doing a *bit* of modification underneath the trim panel, but I'd rather not change the actual door trim panel at all (or, rather, my wife would rather I not!).

I'd like to get something reasonably good in there, e.g., Infinitys.

Thanks for any suggestions, Brian W. Abington, Pa.

Reply to
Brian Wasson

Hello Brian

I installed Sony 5.25 inches speakers

in my 2K Legacy, same door panels as your Outabck I think. They fitreally weel as far as the depth is concerned, only had to trim a smallbit of plastic off of the speaker holder in the door frame to seat thespeaker properly. Easy to do, took me 1 hour for all 4 speakers, witha friend...

Good luck.

Nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Dore

Don't know how applicable it will be, but I went thru the same thing with my '02 WRX wagon. I suspect your OBW will be very similar if not identical. Rather than dump alla this on the group, feel free to visit chester and grab anything that looks useful. Of particular interest will be:

Hope this is helpful.

ByeBye! S.